Since my ADHD-Brain decided to suddenly hyperfixate on Minecraft, I decided I'd better bloody well learn how to make the best of the game's mapmaking features. First I touched up on functions in Five Minutes in Minecraft; I made a datapack for people to put onto their worlds; then I set my sights on custom structures.
It's been a long-standing dream of mine to try and make a randomly-generated dungeon in Minecraft. Fortunately I never made a serious attempt so I can safely say that this is not a deeply personal rework of a years-old project that was tragically never released. Instead you got to watch me dive into the completely unfamiliar world of jigsaw blocks, wherein I attempted fruitlessly to understand why it wasn't working (I saw it in editing and it even drew the attention of a commenter).
I was keen to keep trying, but more research revealed that the game's developers may have blocked custom jigsaw structures, so I had to find another way. Now, what could that be?
You know these guys? I know these guys. I don't even know how to make them in survival but they only have one use for me and that's actual witchcraft.
You'll be pleased to know that I succeeded and am now generating random dungeons on a whim and accidentally overwriting the rest of my redstone world in the process. Here's the video!
It's been a long-standing dream of mine to try and make a randomly-generated dungeon in Minecraft. Fortunately I never made a serious attempt so I can safely say that this is not a deeply personal rework of a years-old project that was tragically never released. Instead you got to watch me dive into the completely unfamiliar world of jigsaw blocks, wherein I attempted fruitlessly to understand why it wasn't working (I saw it in editing and it even drew the attention of a commenter).
I was keen to keep trying, but more research revealed that the game's developers may have blocked custom jigsaw structures, so I had to find another way. Now, what could that be?
You know these guys? I know these guys. I don't even know how to make them in survival but they only have one use for me and that's actual witchcraft.
You'll be pleased to know that I succeeded and am now generating random dungeons on a whim and accidentally overwriting the rest of my redstone world in the process. Here's the video!

Comments
Post a Comment